Even though there is no actual harm done to any animals in the process of it, Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed feels it’s cruelty to other people to have to look at bad plastic surgery and is here to let the cat out of the bag and show you a better way to the cat eye look!
I don’t understand people getting plastic surgery to try and make themselves look like an animal but if I was going to do it, I would want to look like a fox. Then when I walked down the street guys would say “Look at that fox!” and that would be really good for my self esteem. In the meantime, I try to keep my animalistic looks confined to those that can be done with makeup and you can’t argue that a cat’s eye is a super sexy look! They key to the look is liquid liner and a steady hand!
Wanting us to embrace our inner feline, Make Up For Ever Educator, Jessie Powers was kind enough to share the four easy steps to the perfect classic cat’s eye:
1. Draw a thin line of liner centered on the upper lash line directly above the pupil.
2. To create the inner “tail”, choose the end point of your tail slightly above and outside the natural lash line. Then, with your eyes open and focused forward, draw a line from the tail’s end point down toward the outer corner of the lash line.
3. Next, with your eyes open and focused forward, draw a line from the end of the tail connecting it to the liner on the center of the upper lash line. Continue these strokes until the tail is completely filled in.
4. Finally, draw a line from the inner corner of the upper lash line to the middle of the upper lash line, connecting the two sections.
MAKE UP FOR EVER $26
Make Up For Ever is launching a line of liquid liners in a Crayoly box-worthy range of colours so you can really get your purr on – Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner - $26 – in 15 colours that come in matte, iridescent and diamond finishes:
1 Diamond Gold, 3 Iridescent Emerald Green, 4 Diamond Lagoon Green, 5 Diamond turquoise Blue, 6 Iridescent Navy Blue, 7 Diamond Black Purple, 8 Iridescent Electric Purple, 9 Iridescent Fuchsia, 10 Iridescent Red, 11 Diamond Burgundy, 12 Mat Mocha, 13 Mat Black, 14 Diamond Multicolor Black, 15 Iridescent Anthracite, 16 Diamond White.
– with a long, dense yet flexible applicator that is similar to a makeup brush handle to make for easy application and a specialized foam tip that delivers the ideal amount of texture for drawing an ultra precise line with a buildable result. Even better, they are waterproof so you can cry over pictures of the scary cat lady to your heart’s content or even go out when it’s raining cats and dogs with no harm done to your liner!
(Available at Sephora stores and sephora.com)
If you are looking for some choices to suit a starving student’s budget, here are a couple of other great picks:
ANNABELLE LIQUID EYELINER $7.95
In four colours: Black Out, Espresso, Olive Chrome, Titanium – this liner is precise, smudge-free and easy to use. With a felt-like tip and a long-lasting formula that dries quickly and stays put.
Available at drug and mass retailers.
MARK. WHAT A LINE FELT TIP EYELINER $10
Available in four colours: brownie points, denim, twilight and wee hours – all day lasting colour with a felt tip that can be used to create a thick or fine line.
Available from your Avon rep 1-800-265-AVON or online at www.avon.ca
Now you are all ready for the mice to be away, curiosity to kill you and Cheshire grinning – and if it doesn’t have your tongue, let me know what you think of the cat’s eye look!