Peter pan collars, bows, and socks+sandal combinations are all common associations one may make to Alexa Chung’s wardrobing choices. But let’s be honest; coupled with her ubiquitous ombré hair, AC’s style is a little bit more… interesting… than the passé connotations that all of her signature pieces hold. So let’s overlook the pussybow blouses and Mulberry bags for now, and take the time to *really* delve into the essence of this it-girl, and the meaning of her life outside of her ~fashion icon~ status.
*In a non-creepy way, of course.*
Modeling your career after Alexa:
1) Work for MTV. We are now accepting applications! …Just kidding!
2) Meet Paul McCartney and politely ask him to sing a song about shoes.
3) The next time you are being stalked by paparazzi, don’t run and shield your face. Merely stop for a couple of minutes, unmoving, and stare at them.
Modeling your personal life after Alexa:
4) Since Alexa is British, so you must acquire a British accent.
5) Date an Arctic Monkey (either Alex Turner or a real life monkey in a real life/real cold location where dating pseudo-marsupials is legal.).
6) Be intelligent and well-spoken. You can be weird and funny, but you still must convey a sense of smarticleness.
Modeling your closet after Alexa:
7) Wear many hats.
8) Collect various ~certified hip~ graphic T-shirts and wear them with unexpected outfit pairings.
9) Sporadic leather! All kinds! Everywhere!
Modeling your face after Alexa:
10) ~Perfectly~ ~tousled~ ~hair~
11) Cat-eye eyeliner, always.
12) Never use lipstick because Alexa hates it.
Did you follow all components of all of these lists? Well blimey, congratulations! You’re now Alexa Chung!