All beauty lovers are guilty of using expensive products with a promise to ourselves and from the cosmetics counter that the more money spent, the better the results. However, if we ask the women who gave us precious life, I’m sure they would tell us to save our money for a rainy day and try these timeless beauty regimens that have worked for them since they were our age.
Curling irons can be time consuming and tricky, curlers are painful to sleep with in your hair, and curling with a flat iron seems to take a specific technique that only stylists can master. Before all these tools were the norm, simple rags gave our moms defined curls.
- Start by cutting an old sheet of material into six inch strips.
- Place a strip at the end of a section of hair and roll it up.
- Tie the two ends together and move onto another section until all of your hair is tied up.
- Get some beauty sleep, unroll each section and voilá – beautiful, soft curls.
Cucumber and Massaging Eye Treatment
Many of us are constantly trying different eye creams to decrease puffiness and dark circles in the sensitive eye area, but it is possible to remedy these with just a little TLC. We’ve all seen the classic spa diva on TV; lying back in a lounger with cucumbers over her eyes. However, placing cold cucumber (or a chilled spoon) over your eyes can actually decrease inflammation and puffiness.
To brighten dark circles, simply tap your under eye with your ring finger at a gentle yet rapid pace. This stimulates blood flow and decreases pooling of blood under the eyes.
Miracle Whip Hair Mask
The tangy zip is not just for delicious sandwiches. Moms’ swear by the results that Miracle Whip produces when used as a conditioning hair mask.
- Use half a cup (more or less, depending on the length and thickness of your hair) and comb the Whip all the way through your hair.
- Clip it up, cap it up and hang out for 30 minutes.
- Hop in the shower and rinse for at least 5-10 minutes, then shampoo. Your locks will be shiny, moisturized, and extremely soft.
Lemon and Egg White Face Mask
Facial treatments are yet another skincare investment that some of us are skeptical about. If you’re unsure of a name brand face mask, try this lemon and egg white mask first for next to nothing.
- Cleanse your face with your usual cleanser, then mix the whites of two eggs with the juice of one lemon.
- Whisk them together for around three minutes until completely blended.
- Apply the mixture to your face with a synthetic makeup brush or clean hands.
- Take a quick thirty minute nap (lying down of course), then rinse the mask off.
- You’ll immediately notice minimized appearance of pores and even, toned skin texture.