Happy Earth Day! Let’s celebrate our home and stay woke with eco-friendly brands that help make a difference for the planet. Our shopping choices (especially when it comes to fast fashion) can seriously contribute to pollution, so we rounded up a few of our favourite eco-friendly products to encourage you to spend your cash consciously.
1. H&M Sequined Dress: Get down in this glittery dress that’s made out of organic and recycled materials from H&M’s Conscious Exclusive collection.
2. Matt & Nat Saddle Bag: Saddle up with this bag that has a 100 per cent recycled nylon lining—plus it’s vegan!
3. Glass Container: Stop brown bagging your lunch every day and reuse a glass container. Think of all of the plastic wrap, Ziploc bags and tinfoil you’ll divert from landfills!
4. Back Beat Rags Jumpsuit: This California-based and skate-inspired brand is full of affordable basics—like this plum jumpsuit made of organic cotton.
5. Maiyet Sunglasses: Throw shade to those litterbugs in this pair of 100 per cent biodegradable frames.
6. Noble & Co. Beeswax Candle: Set the mood right by sparking up one of these all-natural candles made with pure Canadian beeswax. Uh huh honey!
7. Reformation Silk Top: Little did you know this silk cami is not only chic, but saves eight litres of water because Reformation used 3077 litres, compared to the industry standard of 3085 litres.
8. Eco-Friendly Cork Yoga Mat: Get your zen on and be one with nature by rolling out this natural cork and tree rubber yoga mat.
9. Mug: Skip your morning cuppa at the cafe and make your own at the office. You’ll cut down on waste and save funds.
10. Reusable Coffee Filter: Avoid wasting coffee filters with this hemp and organic cotton one, and bring your brew crew because it holds enough coffee grounds to make 10 to 12 cups.