If you’ve ever had a facial and have been treated to a face and neck massage, you know how well it works as a *quick* detox for your skin. Plus, it feels SO. GOOD. With the help of a petite stone paint-roller, you can give yourself your own face massage right at home!
They’re called jade and rose quartz face rollers, and they’re emerging as the beauty world’s go-to for achieving glowing complexions. But do face rollers actually work, and if so, how? Here’s the FORA-1-1 on jade and rose quartz face rollers.
BENEFITS OF FACE ROLLERS
Face rollers have been a skin-care staple for empresses and members of high society in China since the 17th century. The tool has a larger stone for your cheeks, jaw and forehead plus a smaller stone for under the eyes and around the mouth.
In the same way that a deep tissue massage can leave your body feeling relaxed and refreshed, a facial massage can help give your overworked facial muscles some *love* This can in turn increase circulation and help loosen up areas where wrinkles can form.
Face rollers normally come in two different crystal stones: jade and rose quartz. Each kind of roller comes with its own ~unique~ set of skincare benefits.
JADE ROLLERS VS. ROSE QUARTZ ROLLERS
The main difference is in the ~vibes~ Rolling with either jade or rose quartz can supposedly transfer the stone’s healing properties to your body. Jade is said to ward off bad energy or chi and can increase immunity of the skin, while rose quartz purifies and opens the heart to promote healing from within. But if you’re not into the *magic* behind crystals, just choose whichever colour you like best!
Both rollers offer a handful of benefits such as brightening the skin, improving wrinkles, de-puffing the skin, decreasing the look of under-eye bags, boosting circulation, increasing collagen production and helping with lymphatic drainage to get rid of swelling. Not to forget they’ll also look very ~pretty~ for your next shelfie.
EASY ROLLING ROUTINE FOR BEGINNERS
If you’re not sure where to begin, we’ve put together a simple facial rolling routine that’s perfect for beginners! Ps, feel free to stash your roller in the fridge for a serious ~cooling~ effect.
- After cleansing, apply a moisturizer and serum to your face and neck.
- Using broad sweeps, always working away from the face, roll across the forehead, cheeks, throat and chin.
- Do about three up-and-out passes per area.
- Place vertically on your nose, rock gently and then roll away from the sinus area to clear congestion.
- Pay *special* attention to the jaw line where tension is prone to build up, rocking the roller vertically in the crevice where your neck meets your ear and then rolling it down towards your collar bone.
- Keep at it for about two minutes. There’s no harm in rolling every day, but it should be done at least three or four times a week.
And that’s it! This easy beauty TLC routine is sure to give you that feel-good ~glow~
By: Brooklyn Neustaeter