Let us paint a picture— you’ve woken up and immediately are filled with regret for not placing a glass of water by your bed (and perhaps for a few other things), the blinds are letting in too much light and you just know… today is about to be a total right off. (AKA NEVER ENDING EATING FEST)
Your normal instinct is to reach for your phone and immediately start wracking up the Uber Eats bill. Save yourself the $30+ dollars and check out these recipes below that will leave you and your wallet feeling so much better.
~ #morelife ~
Once you’ve made it down to the kitchen a frittata is the simplest thing to toss together, because it is just that, a combo of what is left in your fridge in the form of fluffy eggs to settle your stomach.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk (or Silk Soymilk)
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the broiler to high. Melt butter in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Add the spinach and cook another 1 minute until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add eggs to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring gently every minute or so. Once the eggs begin to set but are still slightly runny on top, sprinkle on the feta cheese. Move the skillet under the broiler and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the eggs are set and the cheese begins to melt.
- Slide the frittata out onto a cutting board, slice, and serve.
Add a couple slices of toast to make a sandwich or have on the side, soak up that alcs!
Grilled cheese is a certified classic, here’s a very beneficial twist to it. The avocados are loaded with healthy fats, fiber and various important nutrients that you definitely lost last night, time to re-up.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 ounce provolone, sliced
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices of multi-grain bread
- a dab of butter
- Slice the avocado in half and twist slightly to loosen the core. Pull apart, remove the core and peel the skin. Slice avocado to desired thickness. I got about 8 slices per avocado. Slice up your tomato and set aside.
- Slice your sharp cheddar and provolone. Definitely nibble. Slice an extra piece of cheese to replace the nibble. Crumble some goat cheese (oops, some of this fell into your mouth too? Secret is safe here).
- Keeping the buttered side of the bread down, build your cheddar cheese, avocado, goat cheese, tomato, provolone cheese sandwich by simply putting one on top of the other. Or layer one slice of bread with some ingredients and layer the other side with the rest. Whatever you like. This is your take-it-easy party.
- Place the sammy on a hot skillet, butter side down, until the the bread turns golden and the cheese starts to melt. Flip and watch for more golden bread and ooey-gooey meltiness.
Drinking got you into this sitch, and honestly, it will get you out of it as well. Pull all your strength together and down this green smoothie, it’ll be worth it!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 2 tsp chia seeds, optional
- Place everything in a blender in the order listed, starting with the liquid and ending with the frozen fruit and chia seeds (if using).
- Blend until smooth and transfer into two tall glasses. If your blender doesn’t blend frozen fruit well, you might consider lightly thawing your pineapple before adding it.
- Feel ~ life ~ reenter your system and enjoy!