Meet Jade Bird, a young singer/songwriter from London. Bird recently released her first EP, Something American and we are loving her folky, Americana, meets country vibes. She also has the most beautifully distinct voice and effortless cool girl vibes.
We’re sure that Bird will ~fly~ to fame lightening quick so get on board and read below the cut to get acquainted.
1. She’s listed some bad ass artists as her musical influences, including Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, First Aid Kit and Son House whose song “Grinnin’ in Your Face” she covers on her EP
2. Her social media will enrich your soul. She shares some interesting reads about love and art
3. She has an affinity for intimate living room shows. When she’s not touring with names like Tom Odell she’s often putting on breathtaking sets for small numbers.
4. She can rock out on the sax.
5. She put together a truly iconic remix of Drake’s “Forever”and the Pixie’s “Where Is My Mind?”
6. She’s rarely pictured without a guitar in hand.
7. She hand writes her songs. We would love to know what she’s working on and also where she got her duvet.
Here’s hoping that the “Something American” singer will come to Canada soon.