Imagine Kat Von D started following you on Instagram. Then imagine you became friends by bonding over art and animals. Then imagine she personally asked you to work on her newest initiative.
Then imagine she split her entire empire with you and you guys both lived in a castle full of puppies and Oreos for the rest of your life.
*Almost* all of these things happened to Vancouver’s own Kelseyanna Fitzpatrick.
On March 10, Kat Von D Beauty unveiled a brand new artist team called the Artistry Collective. Handpicked by Kat herself, the collective is made up of four top beauty artist influencers in North America who share the brand’s vegan, cruelty-free values.
We had a chance to catch up with Kelseyanna, the collective’s first and only Canadian artist, and asked her the burning question on everyone’s mind—what does someone so cool, sweet, kind and bad-a$$ keep in their bag?
Her answers were way cooler than we thought:
What’s in Kelseyanna’s bag?
1. Bunny Wallet: Cute little wallet shaped like a bunny. One of my most treasured possessions from two of my best friends. It’s sort of an inside joke because I always used plastic bags as wallets.
2. Snacks: ALWAYS need to be prepared with vegan snacks.
3. Valley Eyewear – A Dead Coffin Club Sunglasses: These custom red frames that I love so much were a gift from Kat.
4. Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It Powder Foundation: Medium-Full Coverage powder compact that’s so silky smooth and perfect for touchups. Doubles as my mirror.
5. Nintendo 3DS: So much more fun than scrolling on my phone while travelling. I am currently playing Pokémon Moon
6. Kat Von D Beauty Tattoo Liner in Trooper: My favourite liquid liner pen. It is so precise I can whip up a dramatic look quickly, wherever I am.
7. Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nahz Fur Atoo: I have been OBSESSED with this burnt red shade with my blue and green emerald hair, even without any other makeup on.
8. Japonesque Eyelash Curler: Tiny eyelash curler that is so easy to throw in my bag.
9. Lucas PawPaw Ointment: I have used it almost every day of my life because it’s the best for chapped lips, cuts, burns, you name it!
10. Goodnight PunPun: My recent favourite Japanese Manga!
11. Ring Light Selfie: Mini LED Ring Light that snaps onto my phone, for taking photos on the go/ in hotel rooms!
The Kat Von D Beauty Artistry Collective: (clockwise from left to right) Kelseyanna, Tara, Steffanie & Leah
To learn more about the Artistry Collective: